FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Is there a weight limit on the CX seat? How effective is it for heavier people?
2. Are your seats made for large plus size bodies? Do they work for and fit comfortably a person that weighs 300-350 lbs.? What would you say is the weight limit for comfortable use? Comfortable use meaning that ones buttocks being large isn't being poked by harsh edges if they sit on one of your cushions. Do the features of the seat work on larger bodies? Do you have any plans to create a sciatica seat for larger folks in the future?
Answer by Mark Ridder:
One design concept I tried to stay with in
the prototype phase was to remain within parameters that would fit on
an airliner seat because in my prior life I had done so much traveling
for business. This is one reason you find our SL and CX dimensioned
as they are. You are welcome to order one and give it a try, knowing
that you have the fifteen day window under the Return Policy found
under a button on the bottom of the Store Page to get it back in the
mail to us if it is not the right product for you. I also invite you
to telephone me, if you wish to talk about your concerns in making a
decision whether to give Sciata® Seat a try.
3. I was very interested in ordering your cushion, but when I started to order there is no sign on the site that indicates the website is secure when I put my credit card info in. Could you help me with this info?
4. What is your phone number?
Please fill out our contact form here: Contact Form
5. I was wondering if I could call and place my order with you. I don't shop with my credit card online. I can not find a phone number on your site.
We do not accept orders
via telephone because it would mean people would desire to give us
their personal information such as credit card numbers or bank account
information for a direct draw. For this reason we set up the website
securely to prevent us from seeing the information, and take cards and
6. I want to use my debit card and have it run as a debit card. Why won’t your system allow this?
Our system is established through a banking
relationship which is biased in favor of credit cards and does not
allow debit card use. If you wish to use your debit card and have a
PayPal account, please click on the PayPal payment icon to place your
order using your debit card.
7. May I send you my medical records so you can help me choose the right seat?
Please NEVER send us medical records.
Neither Inspri, LLC nor any of its members, officers, employees, or
agents are educated or licensed in any jurisdiction to practice
medicine. You may decide to show our product information at www.insprico.com to your health care provider to obtain their advice whether to try one of our products.
8. Hi, I am thinking about ordering the Sciata® Seat but am interested in knowing the difference between the material of the blue and black seatcovers. I am looking to order the one that would be the most comfortable against the skin as I wear shorts a lot and I don't want a material that would be like a plastic! Could you please let me know the one that is the most comfortable fabric?
The Executive Black cover which comes on
the seats so ordered is a ponte knit fabric, machine washable, and the
seat cover I personally use all of the time. The Regal Blue is a
breathable rubberized fabric which will allow the skin to breath while
not allowing fluids to pass, and it is wipable but not launderable,
and, of course, it comes on seats so ordered. The offer of extra
covers made on the site is relevant to the folks who just want an extra
cover. The care tags for each seat cover come sewn into the zipper
line just inside with the law tag.
9. Where is the cover shown on the large picture of the pillow in the car? It looks like a grey tweed. Also, if it is available, what type is it and the cost, please.
Bright sunlight made our black cover look
gray on the date it was photographed. We do, in fact, currently only
offer the covers in the colors black and blue as are indicated on the
Store page. In future production of the covers, we may introduce other
colors as demand and interest may dictate, and we very much do thank
you for your interest in a grey tweed, were it among the colors
10. I watched the video on your product and must say I would like to try the CX model of your cushion. Is the cushion returnable if it does not successfully meet my needs?
Thank you for your question about the CX model product. The return policy is stated in the Terms and Conditions found on the Store page of the website, or on the Return Policy page. I copy the pertinent paragraphs from our Terms and Conditions here:
Our process for
sending the product is to package it in a plastic sleeve which you will
be encouraged to leave on the product once you receive it so as to give
it a try. Try it for up to 15 days of your receipt of the product.
If, thus supplied, you try it and do not find it suitable, then
paragraph 9, reproduced above, provides the return policy you have
questioned. If the seat cannot work to your desire, we want you to be
able to return it no questions asked under the Return Policy for refund.
11. Hi my dad has been suffering with pain for quite a while from pressure on the sciatica nerve. I would like to get him to try one of your cushions but you do not allow returns after opening. We have tried many things and spent a lot of time and money to help him. Is there some way to try your product before purchasing it? We just want to make sure that such a purchase would give him relief.
Please know that we have every hope a
customer will try the product out thoroughly before feeling the item is
at last their own. For this reason, we ship the Sciata® Seats boxed
and within the box the seat itself is wrapped in plastic easily
allowing one to give the seat a good test run before opening the
plastic. The Return Policy can be viewed by clicking on the link at the bottom of any page on the site, or by refering to our Terms and Conditions.
The policy allows customers to return the product for no reason at all
if within the terms of the policy; just leave the seat in its plastic
and use it to be sure the purchase is good for your family, and most
especially your Dad. If your Dad says it is not right for him, then
just follow the Return Policy for a full refund.
12. Hello. I am wondering why you do not provide images of the interior of the cushion if that is what makes it great.
Thank you for taking the opportunity to comment.
13. Is there a store close by where I can go and try the different cushions before purchasing?
Thank you for your question and for your
interest in giving the product a try. Our products are available only
via our internet store and deliverable only within the United States,
however, we carefully package the seating system to allow for a thorough
trial, and simple returns. Please refer to our Return Policy for instructions on how to return the seating system.
14. Is there anywhere nearby in a store where I can try one of these before purchasing?
Our marketing model is internet based,
and we do not have store placements of any of our products. In the
meantime, you are welcome to order products online through the store,
and if it does not work out, return it under the Return Policy for refund.
15. I was wondering if my insurance would pay for this?
Unfortunately, we have no arrangements
with insurance companies. We do not know and cannot speculate on their
response to you.
16. I don't understand why my credit is not valid? I tried 2 cards already.
We are sorry the credit purchase is giving trouble to you today. Our system is usually functional, since most transactions do process successfully.
There are possibilities which come to mind which you might try to complete your purchase, for the system is built with care to assure proper use of credit information [which, by the way is not passed along to Inspri]:
1. Make sure the card holder name is complete and accurately entered.
17. Can you please send me more information on your product?
happily send more information regarding the product; however, since the
website pages are so full of information, we do not know what more you
would desire. The only truly relevant information omitted is the size
specifications of the products which follow:
18. Can I please have a copy of your instructions for using the Sciata® Seating System?
Sure, click here to read them (right click, select "save link as" to download)